There are so many great places to ski in the USA with breathtaking scenery and cozy accommodations. We have made a list of the top 10 ski resorts in the USA and a brief description of them below:
1. Beaver Creek, Colorado: There is a full ski village with many wonderful accommodations to choose from. Of the endless list of amenities, you can arrange a special backcountry tour with a guide and ski to your heart's content. The resort at Beaver Creek has in room Jacuzzis and offers first class accommodations. The surrounding slopes are challenging to both skiers and snowboarders.
2. Aspen, Colorado: The Little Nell is a resort located at the base of Aspen Mountain and is the only resort in North America with four ski mountains - Aspen Mountain, Buttermilk, Snowmass and Aspen Highlands. This resort has over 1,200 ski instructors and they offer lessons from beginner to advanced. This resort has a full spa and fitness center with state of the art cardio equipment. You can ski a full day and then schedule a special in room massage. This resort also welcomes and pampers your dog, if you really cannot leave home without it. They offer dog walking and sitting services, food bowls, beds, personalized pet name tags and a full pet menu. They also offer a full concierge service, both for your hotel and your skiing needs. The ski concierge will warm up your boots, wax your equipment, purchase your lift tickets for you, arrange for your transfer between the four mountains and tune up or repair your equipment, just to list a few of the services.
3. Jackson Hole, Wyoming: Aman resorts are famous worldwide and they decided to develop a world class ski resort called the Amangani in Jackson Hole. With breathtaking views, there is no unpleasant scenery. Jackson Hole offers some of the best skiing in the world with the season lasting from around November until April.
4. Sun Valley, Idaho: A place made infinitely famous by Ernest Hemmingway, this rustic resort has been around since the 1930's. They are so dedicated to making your ski experience excellent that they have it down to a science. There are four lodges, the River Run, Dollar Springs, Seattle Mountain and Warm Springs with full amenities.
5. Deer Valley, Utah: The Stein Eriksen Lodge is located in the Deer Valley Ski Resort village. Stein Eriksen was an Olympic Medallist from Norway who won gold in 1952 for skiing. He was so passionate about skiing that we wanted to make it more accessible to everyone and he so he built this wonderful lodge and made it his life's mission to get everyone up on skis that he could. This lodge has everything from fine dining to a world class spa and every amenity you could possibly want.
6. Telluride, Colorado: The Peaks at Telluride offer spectacular world class skiing and accommodations. You can take a gondola into town or spend a day at their world class spa. The skiing here is probably some of the best in North America.
7. Vail, Colorado: The Faessler family from Bavaria conceived the Sonnenalp Resort in Vail. They had a similar resort in the Algu Alps and wanted to continue their tradition in North America. This resort has a rich traditional history and will ensure that you have a ski vacation to remember.
8. Stowe Mountain, Vermont: Great skiing and old world charm come together in this fantastic resort. Probably one of the best places to ski on the East Coast and is one of the top 10 ski resorts in the USA.
9. Big Sky, Montana: This world class resort keeps adding amenities year after year. New chair lifts and runs keep even the most experienced skier energized. It is one of the top U.S. resorts for lack of crowds and scenery.
10. Tahoe, California: Most people do not relate California with snow, but Tahoe is truly a world class ski destination. Tahoe offers the highest concentration of ski resorts in the U.S.